About

My name is George K-K, and I'm a game designer, software developer and semi-professional photographer. I grew up in New York, studied in Florida, worked in the Pacific Northwest and the British Isles, and most recently moved back to New York.

As a lifelong backpacker, kayaker and insufferable treehugger, I have a profound love for the complex, enduring beauty of the natural world. I believe that learning to see our civilization as part of a larger system is crucial to our enlightenment as a culture and our future as a species.

When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands, flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty.

— John Muir, 1915

Exploring these ideas through interactive systems is probably about 75% of why I make videogames. The other 25% is a transparently desperate need to justify all the time I've wasted playing Quake, Homeworld and EVE Online.

Views expressed herein are exclusively my computer's.